Kennett Square Golf and Country Club not only offers a complete golf program to challenge and enhance your golf experience, but it does so within an ambiance of fun and a sense of play. Renowned Scottish Architect Donald Ross recognized that the rolling hills of Chester County, Pennsylvania, would provide a beautiful setting for a golf course. He designed our original nine holes in 1922, which was followed in the 1930s by the second nine designed by William Gordon.
Assistant Golf Professionals:
Enjoy KSGCC’s Relaxed Golf Atmosphere
At Kennett, we emphasize an informal environment—tee times are never needed, even during busy weekend mornings. Foursomes generally form on the basis of who is ready to play. Or the Pro Shop staff will often assist foursomes to coalesce. In this way, new members or those who do not play frequently are easily integrated into the day’s play.
A golfer always has the option to walk Kennett’s golf course by carrying his or her bag or taking a trolley. And although the course has distinct elevation changes, most players will find the course very walkable. However, even though members walked over forty percent of their rounds last year, many still prefer the quiet ride of an electric cart.
Kennett takes pride in accommodating all its golfers’ needs. In addition to four sets of tees, we provide ample access to the golf course for all members during peak golf season. To do this, the club dedicates the first few hours of several weekday mornings to women’s, seniors’, and juniors’ golf activities. This ensures they enjoy adequate prime-time for their play, tournaments, and clinics.
KSGCC Provides A Full-Service Golf Program
- Tournaments and social activities for men, women, couples, seniors, and juniors
- Monthly member-organized, Friday afternoon two-man team events
- Optional weekend sweepstakes and other competitive golf “games”
- Junior golf program for all skill levels, promoting strong values and life skills
- Individual and group instruction, including professional club fitting
- Driving range, putting green, and short game practice area
- Fully stocked pro shop with the latest apparel, equipment, and golf accessories
- Club storage, handicap, and locker room service
From a member:
“It’s been great having a place where my family and I could build long-term friendships and enjoy well-maintained facilities for an active life—there’s nothing like being able to come out at about any time, meet friends you’ve known for years, and play one of the best golf courses in eastern Pennsylvania. If you don’t want to worry about reserving a tee time a week in advance, this is the place to be.”
The USGA Holds KSGCC In High Esteem
Because of Kennett’s consistently high quality, challenging but fair layout, and knowledgeable professional staff, the USGA has repeatedly chosen Kennett to hold qualifying rounds for its national championships, including:
- U.S. Open Qualifying
- U.S. Women’s Open Qualifying
- U.S. Senior Open and Senior Amateur Qualifying
- U.S. Junior Amateur Qualifying